In some upcoming posts, I want to share something, well, simple. As I’ve grown into some sort of foodie, there are times when quick, easy, and delicious dishes are the best. In this first post, I hope to show how delicious simple recipes can be. Let’s start with breakfast.
Milk and Honey Smoothie
A big thank you to Elliot for this one. When I first got into smoothies, they were FULL of ingredients. And sure, those smoothies are delicious. But sometimes it’s best to focus on just a few, great ingredients. It may not be jam-packed with all the vitamins and minerals you need in a day, but hey. It’s yummy and makes for a great breakfast. Ingredients:
- 2 bananas*
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- handful of ice
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
1. Soak chia seeds in 1 cup of almond milk – The seeds soak up the liquid and turn into a more jelly consistency. They can also be soaked overnight.
3. Mix until the ice has been crushed and the honey has been incorporated.
4. Enjoy! – I like to drink it out of a mason jar + straw
*Another way I like to make this smoothie is by freezing the bananas overnight. You just need to peel them, cut them up, and lay them flat in tupperware or on a plate. This makes for a much thicker smoothie since the bananas act as the ice too.
If you’ve never had this before…LET ME TELL YOU. There is seriously nothing better. It’s like buttered toast taken to the next level. I’m very liberal with the salt and pepper, but I think it makes it. Sometimes I also like to add an over-easy egg on top. Please give this one a try (:
- your choice of bread
- half an avocado
- salt + pepper to taste
Not much to this one folks…
1. Toast bread
2. Smash avocado (I find still in the shell is easiest) with a fork and spread on toast.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste
That’s it! Delicious, healthy, filling, and best of all, simple. I hope you enjoyed this fun and easy recipe. Let me know if you give it a try! Also, feel free to share any simple breakfast recipes you love.