Recently all I want is a creamy latte in the morning. Something that you can make at home, but is still exciting to wake up to. And not wanting to invest in an expresso machine, or even a handheld milk frother, I tried to come up with a way to make a latte using what I already have.
And after a little trial and error, I have found the perfect mix.
-What you’ll need-
- A High Speed Blender
- Ceremonial Grade Matcha (Makes a huge difference! You can find the one I have here. It’s a little pricey, but lasts forever.)
- Good Quality Almond or Cashew Milk (I say good quality because this did not work nearly as well with Aldi almond milk, as much as I love that place.)
- Honey (or your choice of sweetener)
- Hot Water
The important thing here is that you need 1/3-1/2 of your drink to be milk. I tried all different amounts and it looks like this is the sweet spot.
- Measure how much water you’ll need (1/2-2/3 of your total drink in your mug of choice) and add it to a kettle to boil.
- Measure out your milk (1/3-1/2 of your total drink) and add to the blender.
- Once water is boiling, add to blender with 1/2-1 tsp of matcha and a small spoonful of honey.
- Blend on medium to high for 10-15 seconds.
- Add to your favorite mug and enjoy!
If you give this a try, please tag me on Instagram @_simplysophie.
PS. This works with coffee too! Just make your coffee a little stronger than usual and go through the steps.